A deliciously tangy salad that is as beautiful as it is tasty.
Arugula Pomegranate Goat Cheese Salad with Toasted Pecans and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Author: The Lean Clean Eating Machine
Recipe type: salad
A deliciously tangy salad that is as beautiful as it is tasty
- 4 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup green onions, finely sliced
- ¼ of a red onion; thinly sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼-1/2 cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Cracked pepper (optional)
- POMEGRANATE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses (You can buy this or make your own. The recipe to make it is 4 cups pomegranate juice, ½ cup granulated stevia and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Combine in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and wait until juice is reduced to 1 cup with the consistency of syrup. This takes around an hour).
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, honey and vinegar in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while continuing to whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad ingredients together and dress with vinaigrette.