As I said in my gingerbread smoothie post, I absolutely love gingerbread around this time of year. Everything about it screams Christmas to me, so I try to get as much of it in as I possibly can.
These raw gingerbread bites are out of this world good. I am absolutely addicted to them, and if you’re a gingerbread lover like me, you will be too. They make the perfect bite-sized holiday treat, and what’s even better is that they are made from 100% natural, whole ingredients. Aside from being natural, these bites are both gluten free and vegan friendly. There is no baking time required for this recipe, so from beginning to end, it will take you about 15 minutes total.
- 2 cups raw walnut halves
- 8 Medjool dates; pitted
- 3 Tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash of high quality sea salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients, except the unsweetened coconut, to a food processor.
- Process until ingredients form a sticky dough (some pieces of walnuts will be visible, which is okay, so don’t over process).
- When finished, roll the dough with your hands into 1.5 inch balls and place onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
- If dough is too sticky, add a little bit of water to your hands and continue. You don’t want mixture to be too dry either because the coconut needs something to hold onto.
- When finished, gently roll balls in the shredded coconut until the outside is thoroughly coated.
- Store finished bites in refrigerator until ready to serve.