As you may have noticed, I have been on a raw dessert streak as of late, mainly due to the fact that Christmas is right around the corner. Seriously, it was just Thanksgiving. Where is all my time going? Oh yeah, it’s going into creating awesome, clean recipes, but no complaints here! I absolutely love doing it!
As Christmas time brings about ridiculous amounts of sweets and treats, I figured I would provide you with an arsenal of raw, natural desserts to hold you over. Some of my recent recipes include raw gingerbread bites, raw key lime pie, vegan pumpkin pie and now these raw peppermint snowballs. If you are a peppermint patty fan, you’re going to love these. Made with only 5 ingredients (6 if you count the coconut), these raw peppermint snowballs are cinch to make, taking only about 10 minutes total.
- ½ cup raw cashew halves
- ½ cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. natural peppermint flavoring or pure peppermint extract
- 6 medjool dates; pitted
- ½ cup natural, unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling in (optional)
- Place cashews, sunflower seed and dates into a food processor. Blend until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add in maple syrup and peppermint flavoring. Continue to blend until ‘dough’ begins to ball up.
- Take about 1 spoonful at a time and roll mixture into a ball between the palms of your hands.
- Place finished ball into the shredded coconut, and roll around until it is completely coated.
- Place finished ball into a shallow container, and repeat process until all dough is used up.
- Store finished snowballs in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Recipe should make 14-16 snowballs when finished