If you’re looking for a beautifying, nutrient packed treat, search no further. This creamy kiwi green smoothie fits the bill.
While everyone seems to have jumped on the smoothie bandwagon, there are still a few of you out there who haven’t, and today I want to tell you why you should reconsider.
Healthy smoothies (key word: healthy) are an incredible way to get an insane amount of nutrients into your body. It is pretty difficult to get the daily recommended values of fruit and vegetables into your diet by eating them in their whole form, but with smoothies, the blender does the work of your digestive system, allowing you to reap the benefits without feeling achingly full.
Smoothies are a fast and delicious way to get your vitamins, and this creamy kiwi green smoothie is no exception. Packed with more vitamin C than an equal amount of orange, this vibrant little fruit adds a tropical flair just in time for summer.
Update: If you want to make this slightly sweeter, add in 1-2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup frozen organic pineapple chunks with no sugar added
- 1 kiwi; skin removed and cut into chunks
- ¼ medium ripe avocado; pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds; I used black ones
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ – ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.