3 ingredients. 30 minutes. Healthy cookies.
Does it get much better than that? This recipe is short and sweet, so I am going to keep this post the same. If you’re in the neighborhood for a sweet treat, but want to stay on track, these Oatmeal Date Cookies are the perfect solution.
They are gluten free, fat free, dairy free, refined sugar free AND vegan, so really, they are great no matter what your dietary needs may be.
Try these. You will NOT be disappointed!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 5 large Medjool dates; pitted
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- Dash of cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
- Dash of pink Himalayan salt (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas with a potato masher or fork until completely smooth.
- In a blender or food processor, roughly chop 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats. When finished, add oats into the bowl.
- Cut pitted dates into smaller chunks, and add in to oat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt if desired, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- On a non-stick cookie sheet, take about a golf ball size amount of the mixture and lightly flatten it out into about a 2″ cookie. Do not flatten cookies out thin, these are meant to be thicker. The mixture should make between 10-12 cookies.
- When finished, place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for approximately 15-17 minutes.
- When ready, remove finished cookies from oven and let them cool entirely.
- Store in a ziplock on the counter for 1-2 days, and move into the fridge after that.