After what feels like an eternity, our home remodel is done and I am back in the kitchen. FINALLY. I’ll be real honest here; throughout these chaotic past few weeks, the last thing on my mind at the end of each day has been putting up new posts because 1.) It is time consuming, and 2.) We haven’t had a fully assembled kitchen until about 2 weeks ago. I have been so overwhelmed with unpacking the rest of the house, getting settled and getting ready for baby (9 weeks to go! Ahhh!), that my blog had to take a bit of a back seat for the past month and half, but now that we are back into our groove, my posts will be far more regular.
Jumping right into it, today’s post has long been a favorite of mine. This Arugula Summer Salad is my go to as of late, and always seems to make its way into my meals a few times a week. Whether it be on its’ own or as a side to my meal, this salad just works no matter the occasion.
- 2.5 – 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup grape tomatoes; cut into halves
- ⅓ cup white sweet corn
- ½ of a ripe avocado; cubed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon; juiced
- 1.5 – 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. organic grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a plate, layer your arugula, corn, avocado and tomato. Top salad with freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small dish, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, grapeseed oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon desired amount of dressing over salad and enjoy.