Recipe: Flax ‘Egg’ Substitute
Summary: An egg substitute for recipes made from ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp. or 1/4 cup warm water
- Grind flax seeds with a coffee grinder into a thin powder. I usually do about 1 cups worth at a time.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. of the ground flax seeds with 3 Tbsp. or 1/4 cup warm water. This will make 1 ‘egg’ so increase measurements if needed.
- Whisk together and set aside for approx. 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Mixture should resemble the texture of an egg
- Store remaining ground flax in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to a month.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)