Delicious pumpkin pie taste in chilled, shooter form. These little shooters are a tasty, low fat option for those who are craving that holiday taste without all of the extra calories.
I am a tried-and-true pumpkin lover, but I am not a fan of the astounding calories that are loaded into most pumpkin treats. With this recipe, I set out to make something that gave me the pumpkin taste I crave, but without any dairy, gluten or artificial sweeteners. It wasn’t as difficult as it sounds, but it did take some playing around with the recipe to get the sweetness on par with the real thing.
The texture is almost like the hybrid creation of gelato, mousse and pudding all mixed together, except it isn’t super thick like pudding, and it’s not as airy as mousse. It’s in a class of its’ own, and as you can tell, it is somewhat indescribable. Frozen bananas and frozen mango chunks provide a creamy, sorbet-like consistency, and canned 100% pumpkin give this treat that smooth, velvety pumpkin texture and taste. Along with being dairy, gluten and fake sugar free, these little shooters are guilt free and easy to make, so enjoy!
Click ‘more’ for recipe..
Recipe: Chilled Pumpkin Shooters
Summary: A Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Dessert
- 1 can 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 can coconut milk or more as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- sprinkle salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. stevia in the raw sugar
- 2 frozen bananas cut into slices once frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen mango chunks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pecan halves, crushed into pieces (optional)
- Blend frozen mango and banana slices with can of pumpkin and coconut milk
- Add more coconut milk if needed to get desired smooth texture
- Add in all spices and salt, mixing thoroughly
- Add in coconut nectar, vanilla extract, and stevia in the raw, blending until thoroughly mixed
- Serve in 2oz shot glasses and top with crushed pecans (optional)
Makes around 12 2oz servings
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Culinary tradition: USA (General)